Monday, September 14, 2009

Cobweb removal

Have not trained in a week due to illness and a planned trip to New Orleans. Still not back to full health and ears feel like I am constantly in a plane at take off. Had coffee in Cafe du Monde in New Orleans this morning and then drove for 8 hours before going to the gym this evening. Had no plan, just wanted to see how I felt training.

3 reps of 1 dead hang power clean, dead hang squat clean and full squat clean: 60, 84, 100, 115.

115 is fairly regular, want 120 by Nov. This group of clean variants I find helps immensely in being able to be sharp in so many aspects of the lift

2 reps of dead hang clean and squat clean: 125, 136, 136, 140.

Not good enough, these need to see a big improvement by Nov. Need to be pushing 150s

Hang Clean: 145, 147, 150X, 150X, 150X.

Crap. Racked 165 number of months ago and now back to these weights. 150 should be and will be a walk in the park soon.

Deadlifts: 3 sets of 6 with 365lb

Have not deadlifted in a while and I now have an idea where I have regressed to so these will slowly begin to improve again. My right knee was coming in during clean pulls and deadlifts which shows how weak I was tonight.

Comments:
1 week with no training, poor diet, illness and with girlfriend visiting has left me fairly out of shape so a lot to do before November. All weights were racked but legs were like jelly fairly early in session and I dropped 1 clean 5 front squat because of this.

Going to re-jig my programme with a combo of Bulgarian and some exercises I have found in the past will address various weaknesses. Will draw it up tomorrow and start it on Wednesday and I have about 7 weeks to a competition. My opportunity to compete is extremely limited so a little annoyed I have been out sick for so long as I only have this comp to be considered for IAWLA ranking lists. Getting bodyweight down is critical, belt felt tight tonight. Also very annoyed with strength in clean and variations and also deadlifts and how much I have lost since early summer.

In essence tonight was a bit of a wake up call and hopefully I can shrug off this cold/flu and put the work I want to in before Nov.

No comments:

Post a Comment