Monday, June 29, 2009

Didnt feel too well leaving work and was contemplating not training and the heat in the gym (~90F) just seemed to make it worse.

Push Press: 80kg /175lb for sets of 9, 7, 8. Not overly impressed with this weight as PB is 190lb. My overhead strength seems to have dropped from the focus earlier on cleans.

Cleans: 84, 100, 115, 125, 134. 134kg was sluggish which isnt surprising as this seems to be the first thing that goes (speed under bar) when feeling under the weather. Slight pain when racking the bar and yet again the heat was causing me to be sweaty causing racking of bar to be slippy (possibly maybe also trying to protect the neck as well?). I have no idea at present how I am going to overcome this problem for the next few months.

Deadlifts: 3 sets of 10 with 170kg/375lb. These were incredibly difficult and ended up after each set having to lie on platform trying to suck the air in.

Lessons from today: Remember to bring programme and also I need to keep an excel file of all my PBs with different sets consisting of different reps. I find it hard to push myself not knowing if what I am doing is close to a PB. Still need to look back and find 10 rep deadlift PB.

Still need to get better routine sleep and also my appetite has been down a little recently which probably isnt helping. Positives may be that my knee seems to be back to normal so may try incorporating back squats back into the programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment