Monday, June 1, 2009

Mon 1st June: Hot, Hot Hot

Last night I got 4.5 hours sleep, came home from work today with a stinking sore head so took some tablets and went to bed for 45 mins. Woke up threw a coffee down my throat and went to gym. On way to gym I dropped a Red Bull Can in the car and possibly due to the can sitting in the car all day in the heat it blew open at the bottom and I ended up having Red Bull spraying everywhere in the car and having to try shotgun a can of Red Bull while driving.

Back Squats: 60, 100, 125, 143, 165, 5 reps at 175kg/385lb. Needed a slight touch on the 5th rep. Back was feeling quite tight and I think I have a mild strain on lower right hand side of back. 2 sets of 4 with 167kg/370lb, couldn't manage the 5th rep.

Cleans: 60, 84, 100, 110, 125, 143. 143 was tough and the heat is making me sweat so much the bar is slipping off shoulder during racking.

Deadlifts: 165, 183kg (405lb) for 3 reps. The deadlifts were troubling back and the heat had sapped my energy.

Hopefully my body can get accustomed to the heat soon. This year seems to be worse as we had poor weather in May and there has been no gradual increase in temperature before the heat we have been experiencing this weekend.

Off to get this grant review finished and hopefully (touch wood) this will be the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment