Friday, June 26, 2009

Snatching in the heat

I decided to split the weekend session into two and do first half tonight. Walking to work today at 0845 I was sweating which is a good indicator it is going to be a hot one.

Arrived at gym armed with my thermometer and took a pic of the thermometer once it began to settle at the room temperature:



Snatches: worked up to 185lb/84kg. Then did 12 singles at 84kg. Took about 15 attempts.

Nowhere near the same speed or height as usual, I was attempting 80kg muscles snatches earlier this week. Also feet were all over the place, not a quick equidistant movement and right foot seemed to be angled out further in a good few. Took video of about 4 to 5 snatches at 84kg so will look to see how they look.

Still assessing what is best way to train this summer. I think it will have to be something based on a lot of singles. My cleans and also my jerks are suffering due to the fact I am sweating so much the bar is slipping on my shoulder. Reps are definitely not going to be able to happen.....snatches may improve though!

1 comment:

  1. I dont know how you cope with the heat. Keep working through this difficult training period and you will reap the benifits later. We both seem to be going through a sticky training patch at the moment. I am looking forward to a weeks rest.

    ReplyDelete