Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thurs 11th Jun: Back Squats

Sore neck still, feels like this one is not going to heal too quickly. Still feeling it during normal day activities.

Back Squats: Warm ups with 60, 84, 100, 125, 143, 165. Then singles with 174, 184 (405 lbs), failed 190 (420lbs).

184 felt OK and light enough coming out of racks. 190 was probably too big a jump but it would have equalled Simon Campbells PB. 190 felt heavy coming out racks. Probably should not have tried a max tonight, it has been over a week I think since I did back squats because of a minor back strain and if I take that long off the bar always starts to feel heavier. If I dont lift heavily regularly I drop off quickly so I am wondering what I will be able to clean by the time my neck heals.



1 comment:

  1. gr8 185kg squat. I dont know why you say you have chicken legs. You seem to have very strong legs. Impressive stuff

    ReplyDelete