Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sun 7th Jun: Waste of time

Still felt a bit ropey from yesterday and other events conspired to make this a poor session. I had to go to not be labeled a 'you know what' by Sean. The only time available to me was mid-afternoon in 34C heat (or so my digital thermometer read) and I had to rush back to hear the latest news from back home.

Snatch: Bar, 40, 50, 60, 70.

That was it. From even snatching the bar I felt sluggish and tight also in the shoulder and the receiving position just felt uncomfortable. With the 70kg weight I felt a sharp pain in my gammy shoulder and thought I had done something seriously wrong to it. I decided to call it quits

Cleans: 60, 84, 100, 125, 143.

These were originally supposed to be jerks but after hurting shoulder in snatches I decided it was probably wise to give jerks a miss. 125 was a limit power clean and 143 felt like a deadlift and was hurting whatever I have done to my neck. By this stage I was late to get home so I decided to call it a day.

2 comments:

  1. seriously Pete its better to let discretion ignore the jibes of valor sometimes, heres me up at 5 am Monday morning but i know i'm not ready to train yet so will see if i'm fit later
    also maybe you could substitute a wee nap like nadnerb or a swim or walk as you're a good bit younger......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope ur shoulder is ok. Maybe ease off on the snatches for another wee while and build up again

    ReplyDelete