Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tues 9th Jun: Gain Drain

I have a sore neck and I am not sure how I got it. I woke up last week one day and it was there. It probably did not help going to max on hang cleans last week after finding my neck was sore.

Today I tried a 60kg C&J and it hurt bringing bar back to shoulder for a second jerk so I reverted to cleans. 125, 134 and 143 were uncomfortable to rack. Tried front squats and 143 was hard to squat with. Tried some pulls with 165 and they were having to be performed very slowly to try and not aggravate the neck.

So....looks like I will be doing back squat, back squat and more back squat for next while until whatever is annoyed in my neck decides to calm down. I try back squats tomorrow to see if lower RHS back stiffness is away.

On a positive note I was speaking to gym owner and there is a guy an hours drive away who is a good lifter who wants to train here. In 2008 at USA Seniors he snatched something like 140 and C&J'd 165 in 94 kg class. This guy is seemingly looking to move closer to Little Rock and get back down to 85kg class and put in some training. Will be refreshing to train with someone especially if he is going to open a 6 pack of whipass on me the nights he trains.

1 comment:

  1. get yourself a massage Pete, this will help your neck, and do lots of slow bodybuilding exercises with 20kg, and keep the area warm..couple of days or more and you,ll be right as ever

    ReplyDelete