Friday, May 15, 2009

Fri 15th May: Summer is coming

The last fortnight has been quite stormy with a lot of rain. Today was the first day of heat and the humidity was noticeable in the gym. Its going to take a while to get used to the heat in the gym, which lacks air conditioning. It was 80F at 2030 in the gym.

I gave the wrist a little longer to recuperate and therefore avoided snatches. I can still see some swelling in the right wrist. I wanted to have a short session so did the following:

Cleans:
Warm up with 60, 84, 100, 125, 134, 143, 152 (335lb). The 125 felt like quite a high power clean but 134's need to become almost power clean height before I know I am in PB range. This was the first time I jumped from 143 to 152 and it was fairly tight. Glad to be hitting 150's regularly but how I managed 157.5 while in St Gabriels when I was home visiting baffles me as 150-152 is pinning me to the platform.



C&J:
Trying to alternate my technique so did 5-6 sets at just 100kg working on cleaning the bar and getting a sufficient pop at the finish of the clean to allow hands to move out. Also worked on trying to get the distance hands moved out to be consistent between lifts and also equi-distant on both sides. Was finding it harder with wider jerk grip to get a vertical dip, or at least that what I felt. Also need to work more on Ronnies coaching tip of getting head through as he has noticed from the videos I seem to have to recover quickly as bar is slightly out front. Much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment