Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sat 16th May: 'If you can get it to your hip..........

.....you should be able to clean it'. This was one of my favourite quotes from George Whiteway, a coach I always loved to train with as he always told you how it was. You could get a PB and he would say it was OK and then list all the points you needed to work on. Just what I like/crave in a coach, brutal honesty.

Today was supposed to be a rest day from the gym but I have been in poor form since hearing news from back home which is compounded by the fact that I am currently in Arkansas until I at least get one paper out. The only upside of being in foul humour is I tend to take it out on the bar in the gym.

I decided to go in to the gym and do some dead hang cleans which for some reason I find I can work hard at but do not leave me feeling much fatigue. These are one of my favourite exercises and I feel they really help develop the speed under the bar and also give you the confidence that after a heavy pull on a near max clean where you are questioning if you can get enough height on it you know you should be able to still rack it. I performed better than expected given the gym was empty and the stereo for some reason was missing meaning it felt like I was training in a library. I have attached my last three attempts:

335lb/152kg


345lb/156kg attempt 1


345lb/156kg attempt 2

1 comment:

  1. Great speed under the bar Pete. It looked like you don't stay over the bar much. Is that the same style as you full Clean?

    ReplyDelete