Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thurs 14th May: Training until I crawled out of gym

Various events away from the gym this week have been playing on my mind and leaving me feeling rather frustrated. I think tonight I tried a little harder than usual to get rid of some pent up energy.

Back Squats:
I forgot tonight was belly dancing night in the upstairs room in the gym so I had to 'endure' some pretty wacky music while doing back squats. Warm up with 60, 100, 125, 143 and then 1 set of 10 with 340lb (154kg) then drop down to 320lb (145kg) for set of 10 and final set could only manage 8 reps with 320lb.



Cleans:
These were really supposed to be a warm up to deadlifts but given my frame of mind I decided to go for broke and see what was left in the legs.

Warm up with 60, 84, 100, 125, 134, 143. Was not in the mood to leave with just 143kg but it had felt heavy but the best way I find to overcome this these days is to put more weight on the bar and 'force' yourself to take the next weight. I missed first single at 330lb (150kg) in what I describe as a coke can dispenser in a machine, it seems to come down, slip off shoulders and then pop out front.



So I dug in and got the second single at 330lb (150kg). Don't think Ronnie will be impressed at all with the way I racked the last rep.



Deadlifts:
After cleans put on 365lb (165kg) and managed 3 sets of 10.

One more week of tens after this week is completed. Find tens rather tough, especially on back squats where after completion of first set I find my legs are tired and the next two sets at a lower weight really have to be ground out.

1 comment:

  1. Way to grind out the 150 Pete, good stuff. That is testicular fortitude right there.

    ReplyDelete