Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sun 24th May: Just one of the forgettable days

I think the word pathetic would sum up todays session. I woke up feeling quite stiff in the thigh especially the outside of them. I felt quite tired all day which was possibly a combination of last weeks lack of sleep and having a few beers at a friends house while watching the emergence of probably the new Irish outhalf, Leinster's Sexton. His drop goal was immense.

Cleans: 60, 84, 100, 125. 143kg for 4 singles, all of the lifts were feeling very sluggish in the pull and also speed at getting under. I threw on 150 and racked it twice but the rack was ugly and left me pinned to the platform where I had to dump the bar. This was the first time in a month that I had failed 150. If my cleans are to get stronger I need to make 150 a routine lift.

Clean Pulls from Knee: 3 sets of 5 with 165kg. Tried these from the knee and also trying to get a little jump at the top to try and make it feel more like a clean.

So I left the gym wondering if my purple patch was now over or if today was a minor blip. We shall see next week.

1 comment:

  1. Volume and booze equals rebellion of the body. It was a great drop goal though.

    ReplyDelete