Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wed 27th May: Legs let me down

Took Tuesday off as I got 4 hours sleep preparing for a meeting in work. Tonight I have work to get finished too so it was a shortened session.

Cleans: warm ups with 60, 84, 100, 125 working on finishing pull and also speed under bar in different reps. Tried 134 power clean but it looked to be just below parallel. When 134 is caught near parallel (rather than in a deeper squat position) it is a good indicator that it may be worthwhile going for broke.

Squat cleaned 143 (315lb), 152 (335lb), 156 (345lb) and then I was going to try 355lb but have done this before recently so thought I would try 360lb. Managed to rack the bar but I would describe this rack as 'beyond the point of no return'. To be able to rack the bar I had to get quite low and rocked back which made getting out of the hole hard. I could not get my chicken legs persuaded to stand up with the bar. Thought I would try 365lb to see if I could rack it but was nowhere near. 165kg is my summer target as it will be 4 plates on the bar and will look sweet.

Clip of 360lb clean (Ronnie, you may want to fast forward to 43 seconds as this was taken on someone else's camera and I dont know how to edit out the start)



Clean Pulls with Board: 3 sets of 3 with 165kg (365lb)

Clean Pulls from Knee: 3 sets of 5 with 165kg (365lb)

Pulls from the board were like deadlifts. In all my time training I have never been able to make a pull feel anything like a clean. Pulls from knee felt explosive.

No comments:

Post a Comment