Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sat 23rd May: Nearing the end of 10 reps

I took Thursday and Friday off to meet a work deadline. I ended up getting 90 minutes sleep on Thursday night and Friday night was an early night.

Because this is the last week of ten reps and because of work I decided to try and blow some cobwebs out today and just go for a blast at getting 400lb/181kg for 10 reps in deadlifts. Simon from St Gabriels competed today and got a massive 242.5kg and on Facebook today Shaughnessy McDermott got 190kg for ten so I was motivated to bust my gut and try for the nice round figure of 400lb.

I knew the gym would be empty today but I was disappointed to find the stereo was gone AGAIN at the weekend and I find it very hard to get motivated in an empty quiet gym.

Deadlifts: 60, 100, 125, 143, 165, 175, 181 (400lb) for 10 reps. I just did one set of these and then left the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment