Friday, July 24, 2009

Bulgarian Day 4

I never knew when I got a blister at the base of my thumb earlier this week that I had somehow signed up for a two for one offer. There has been a blister forming under the new skin of the old one and it decided to make this session more of a lesson in not being a pussy than a weightlifting session.

Snatch: 40, 40, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 84, 91 (200lb).

Just squat snatched these and took a few sets at start for me to get blistered hand to comply with my need for a hook grip.

C&J: 60, 84, 100, 110X, 120.

The 110 was an ugly clean and could not get hand comfortable in rack with the blister. The 120 was completed first time after cursing myself up and down for wussing out on the 110.

Pull Ups: Worked up to one rep with a 35lb plate.

Golifter, Robbie, has some lifts in their gym they challenge each other with and one of these is pull ups. Had a bash tonight, with BW I think that adds up to about 97kg total so getting my ass kicked at the moment! Will get video up tmw, my bed is calling

2 comments:

  1. i can just about do 1 rep, need to lose 35 pounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pete the record at the mo is 108kg when I left the gym on sat morning. I'll get the scores up this week and we'll get those lats busted.
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete