Monday, July 20, 2009

Bulgarian Summer

Not sleeping well at the moment and came home from work and Simon Campbell happened to be on msn and we got chatting and he inspired me to get my lazy ass into the gym.

Harry is probably going to kick my ass but after much consideration over the past couple of weeks I have decided to go back to a Bulgarian programme (available at Mikes Gym website) I did last summer. I have a number of reasons for reverting to these which I will set out and if anyone wants to comment feel free as the only way we all improve is through open, honest and (importantly) courteous discussion:

1. The programme I was on I felt led to improved muscularity but I never felt it translated through to the lifts.
2. Always felt undercooked by the time I got to competition as I had not had enough time to drill the classic lifts.
3. Its so hot here at the moment that doing a lot of reps leaves me feeling drained quite quickly.
4. When I did this programme last year I managed a 325lb C&J at a lighter bodyweight than my fat ass is at the moment.
5. I have a sore neck/clavicle which makes lowering a heavy weight back to shoulder rather painful.

Tonight should have been a night that I would have been able to cope with OK but I managed to do a good job of making it look really tough, something I have a knack for at times. Was supposed to 5 singles at 88% or thereabouts I think:

Snatch: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 86X, 86, 91, 91, 91, 91, 91.

Right foot was not planting well, often landing on edge of foot and on a couple of the 91 singles I was going back to a bit of a 'duck walk' which was something I was proficient at years ago although no one else seemed particularly keen to copy it.... Gammy shoulder was hurting at the back for some reason but ploughed on anyway

C&J&R: 60, 84, 100, 110, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120

These were tough as I was tired which was even coming through in powercleans which were borderline. Jerks were being pushed out front causing me to walk/run to recover so gave them the title C&J&R.

Got what was done on the programme, thats all that can be really taken from todays work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment