Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bulgarian Day 6

12 hour day in lab and did not get to gym until 2320 and managed to get session finished by 0030. Not sure if I will be able to train next week as my job seems to be taking to me another weightlifting desert, Vermont, so was a little more motivated not to go to bed and to get this session done.

Power Snatch: 40, 50, 60, 70, 5 sets of 2 with 80kg.

I was feeling sluggish from last night but thought I scraped by until I reviewed video clip of last set and I think everyone was caught just below parallel. Disgusted. Need to work on getting more height on bar and stop relying on speed under.

Clean and Jerk: 60, 84, 100, 110, 5 out of 6 singles at 120kg were successful.

Starting to feel the time of day by this stage so it took a lot of focus to try and stay sharp in the drive of the jerk. Had a brain fart on 4th rep and pushed bar out front. Was livid with myself for doing it and having to waste energy doing an extra rep.

I think I hear my bed calling, will upload videos tomorrow possibly.

2 comments:

  1. "Need to work on getting more height on bar and stop relying on speed under"
    NOW THAT IS SOMETHING I COULD REALLY HELP YOU WITH-LEARN FROM THE EXPERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the pull-ups coming along lad?

    ReplyDelete