Monday, July 6, 2009

Mon 6th Jul: Back to the old school

Push Press with 175lb: 10, 9, 6

1 clean and immediate push press: 225, 225, 235, 240X, 245X, 245X

The exercise is a power clean and from the racking of the bar with a slightly bent knee you continue to drive up into a push press. I used to do these with Laurence and I am trying to go back to some exercises that I performed when my jerk was strongest. Unfortunately the exercise which I think brought my jerks on the best, jerks from racks with two spotters, cannot be done here.

Back Squat: 4 sets of 3 with 315lb. Was going to do ten sets but right hamstring tightened up so I just left it.

This left me quite tired by this stage. Need to rank lifts by importance and do them as heat has a tendency to sap me. My gammy shoulder is feeling quite sore and 'clicky' now. Feeling pretty weak these days and lacking motivation.

2 comments:

  1. The rack jerks with 2 spotters sounds like luxury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Pete. I used to do a similar lift to the power clean and press, except I would squat clean and press, might try it again, remember could do 90-95 quite easily.

    ReplyDelete