Sunday, July 26, 2009

Little Rock Sweat Sevens Tournament

Went out on Saturday to watch Little Rock play in the tournament they host at their complex called the Sweat Sevens Tournament.

To cut a long story short they were dropping like flies and had one final pool match to play and were already assured to be in the final. They started looking for 'old boys' to fill in for the final pool match to allow the players to rest for the final. So a number of us were roped into playing. I ended up wearing some French guys boots, my swim shorts, someones sweaty shirt and no gum shield. I think we surprised a lot of folk by actually making it a competitive match and we only lost by 19-12. I managed to score once from a 15's forward move, we had won a penalty 10m from their line and did a forward drive, scrum half passed to me and I managed to sell my opposite number a dummy pass, side step and sprint the.....ahem....5m to the line and score.

Amazing how a 7's match last 14 minutes and I can end up feeling like I had spent a day on a bike going up mountains with Contador.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for mailling those guys. rugby player myself but part-time at the mo as the lifting is taking over.Robbie

    ReplyDelete