Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Tuesday Session

Was tired and this was one of the easier sessions which at times I have trouble staying focused for and get complacent. The gym was empty except for a belly dancing class upstairs so endured a night of crazy music and I swear they must burn incense up there:

Snatch: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 84 for 2 singles.
These were easy enough although tiredness and general fatigue meant instead of powering them I ended up going into a full squat. Blister at base of thumb finally burst during one lift and snatches felt a lot more comfortable after the pressure had been relieved.

C&J: 60, 84, 92, 100, 110, 120X, 120X, 120, 120
Cleans were a doddle but felt like an old man in the jerk. I think this programme with it regular jerk sessions (I hope) will help shoulder flexibility. Cant believe I missed 120 not once but TWICE so by the third one I was a little annoyed. This sometimes happens when I know I am not going heavy I tend to switch off.

Rest Wed night and training max night on Thursday night. One of the favourite sayings from the coach to the kids in the gym is 'Get your stinkin' mind right' and I will need to follow this or my C&J is going to be tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment