Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wed 8th Jul: Snatches

I was pleasantly surprised I was able to perform tonights workout as my gammy shoulder had flared up since Mon night's session and was giving me pains that I have not had since it was in a sling after dislocating in Nov 07. I was in two minds whether to make it a cleans night but decided to see how the empty bar went and I found I was not getting the sharp shooting pains I was getting even earlier doing routine things such as opening doors. Weird.

Hang snatches: Sets of 5 with 170 (77kg), 170 (77kg) and 175 (79kg). These went OK so I put on 185 (84kg) for an extra set. These went surprisingly well.



These are meant to be power but I am being a bit more flexible so I can go a little heavier and also feel a little more confident I am racking them safely for my shoulder.

S. Pull from board: 3 sets of 10 with 275lb (125kg).



Not sure if it is the heat or I am just being a pussy but I am really sucking in the air after 5 reps and making these hard work. I usually end up losing a bit of form just to get the set completed

Muscle Snatch: 165 (75kg), 175X (79kg), 165X (75kg)





Legs were beginning to go, well they were gone after the deadlifts really. These muscle snatches are going nowhere and my PB of 185lb (84kg) feels like a life time ago.

Gym Temp: 32 oC

1 comment:

  1. There seems to be a bit more life in your gym Pete. Some big guys around too. The snatch deadlift looks interesting.I might give that a go with my new programme.

    ReplyDelete