Friday, July 10, 2009

Fri 10th July: First online competition day

Colin, Brendan, Sean, Trevor and I all lift on our own in different venues and are in regular contact trying to motivate each other into pushing on with our training.

Recently we came up with the idea of having one Saturday each month where we would go to max in snatch and clean and jerk in our respective gyms and post videos of our max lifts on youtube.

The person who improves the most compared to their previous months lifts is the winner which allows lifters of different standards etc to be able to push each other on.

Snatch: bar, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 84, 88X, 88, 93, 97.5, (220lb) 100.



100kg was tough and I didnt feel I hit the bottom position very well and was feeling the strain in the gammy shoulder as I rocked back a little. Reasonable weight but the squat snatches were a little rough which is why it took two attempts to get the 88kg. Should iron itself out with more squat snatching

C&J: 60, 84, 100, 110, 120, 125, 129, 134X, 134X, 134X, 134X.





Cleans were easy enough and was trying to rack the bar better which I have been difficulty with in the heat. Focused on coming out of the clean and getting a little pop up and making sure bar was securely racked behind clavicles. Also was trying to work on a better vertical dip and drive although the 134kg fails were possibly due to that and not driving through under the bar. Relatively content with tonights lifts. This was the first heavy night of overhead lifting I think since I came back from NI.

Must express my thanks to Trevor Coen. Was having difficulty racking or jerking weights in this heat and he suggested to keep the t-shirt on to soak up the sweat. Some times it is the simple things we overlook but it definitely seemed to be helping.

The hole in the concrete below the platform I train on


Gym Temp: 32oC

3 comments:

  1. The onlne competition is a great idea, I hope everyone's totals go up. Good luck and hard training boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Pete. Not a bad position to be in after niggly injuries etc. I feel like I am about in the same position right now myself. Once I settle into consistent training over here I might try to join in the monthly maxing, if it fits into program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good man Pete. This will be something to look forward to each month.

    ReplyDelete