Tuesday, August 11, 2009

9 months of ups and downs

I plotted my Sinclair values for last few official and unofficial competitions to try and get an idea of my lifting and to try and help motivate me to push on. Motivation I think is always a bigger problem with lifters training on their own and with Arkansas having so few competitions within driving range I find having a target to train towards is quite difficult.

Louisiana Governor Games 1st November 2008
Hillbilly Classic 17th January 2009
Irish Seniors 25th April 2009
Jul Online Comp Will check later
Aug Online Comp 8th August 2009



Louisiana Governor Games was first competition after dislocation (approximately 12 months has passed) and I was still power snatching.

Hillbilly classic I lost too much weight and felt weak at competition but interestingly this has been my best Sinclair performance in last 9 months.

Irish Seniors I put weight on to get into 85kg class which lowered my Sinclair value as weights never really went up.

July online competition was first competition after spending a while just doing a lot of cleans so jerks were down and this affected total lifts.

August has shown some slight improvement and I now feel I am on a good programme and that improvements from now onwards will be a steady hard slog.

I would like to get to over a 300 Sinclair value again and I have plotted (red line) a potential path to attaining this if I use the monthly online comps to get small improvements over the next quarter.

Over next quarter I would like to stay in 85kg class but become lighter (reduce fat %). I think I can put a 3-4 kilos on snatch and the C&J should hopefully get into 140 range soon once I get through a couple of cycles of this Bulgarian programme. Thats the plan so we shall see how work and injuries factor in.

No comments:

Post a Comment