Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bulgarian Day 15

I had to get a draft for my section of our institutes grant finished for today, this resulted in four hours sleep last night and I felt like crap all day. A number of events happened today that resulted in me going to the gym. Trevor Coen reminded me to watch Barry's John Broz interview, Barry was talking about Kirkbride and how he came to gym after a day of hard labour and a relative of mine started the second course of her 'cocktail party' today as she so eloquently put it and was feeling the effects of this which always puts me in a mood.

Snatch: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 84, 88, 93X, 95, 100, 104

93kg failure has happened a few times now and seems to shock me into wising up a bit. 95kg was a mini duck walk. 100 was OK, 104 felt out in front at bottom and had to sit for ages until I felt confident I wouldn't lose it when standing up. Warm ups felt a little sluggish was surprised to hit 104.





C&J: 60, 84, 93, 102, 115, 127, 134, 138, 143X, 145X

Knee was sore from 60kg so not sure what I did to it but the remaining reps never made it feel worse so I ploughed on. Have added a single at 93 while cutting out doubles in the jerk at weights above 60. Just looking to stay fresh. Played about with lifts in 110-130 range to try and stay fresh without feeling undercooked. Glad to hit the 138. 143 clean was OK but have noticed a few times recently getting light headed at heavy weight, not sure why. 145 clean I made life difficult with.





Will never understand my body. Some nights like tonight really leave me baffled, I should have went to bed but ended going to gym and putting in a fairly reasonable session. Other nights you feel refreshed and come into gym and make a pigs ear of the lifts.

Been thinking of certain thigs a lot recently and I think my new motto is 'Dont live in a world of excuses'. I tend to say well I train on my own, there was no stereo, there are no competitions to look forward to, its too warm, I haven't slept well but all this seems to do is allow me to accept poor performances. I am becoming better at self motivation but it is definitely a work in progress.

5 comments:

  1. Pete good work. My Polish coach, also called Peter, told me he used to work 10-12 hrs moving metal waste, then train a minimum of once a day, 6 days a week. And he was a 56kg tich. How about a motto of " Just Do It" ,sorry Nike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just noticed you had a blog! Very strong looking lifts.

    I noticed in your videos, both on your snatch and clean, that when you break the bar off the floor it comes forward away from you first. As I understand it the ideal trajectory has it coming slightly towards you as you break it off the floor and you acquire a joint centre of gravity with the weight, before coming slightly away in the S curve.

    Might be part of the reason you're catching things a little forward?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the intensity Pete. Keep it going buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great man Pete. 143kg was so close. Some of these nights you are going to smash a 110+150. I have no doubt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a little stress can be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete