Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back to the Bulgarian Program

Back from Vermont and back to the oven that we call the gym in Arkansas. How quickly I forgot about the heat! Was quite tired and was just going to come into the gym and do some medium weight snatch and C&J even though this was online competition weekend.

Snatch: 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 84, 88X, 88, 93, 100, 102

This was a little weird. Usually after a week of no lifting I need a few days to get back into the groove but with the empty bar and 40kg lifts I felt quite loose and was getting into good low squat positions. 60-80kg range (where I normally get a good indicator of how maxes will go) was nothing special but thought I may be able to grind out a max by compensating for average feel of pull with the low position I was getting. Got 100 and was going to stop until I flipping well deleted the video by accident when trying to crop it a little so decided to try 102 as I thought I may be complacent trying to get 100 again.





C&J: 60, 84, 100, 115, 125, 129, 134X, 134X, 134X, 134

I was beginning to tire during these so cut out the 110 & 120 normal lifts and did 115. Cleans were ugly and 134's were causing me to have to dig a little deeper than they should. Was regreting making this a max night but after the third fail I got extremely annoyed with the lack of pop in the jerk and my stubborn streak kicked in.



Deadlift: 315lb, 365lb, 405lb, 455lb X, 465lb X.

465lb is required to beat 'Blogger G' recent max of 210kg. Not sure why I tried these as legs were fried from C&J's. 465 didnt leave platform and brought me back down to earth. More work required to beat the big golifter.

Temp: 32C

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The deadlift was 207kg and not the 210kg as posted in error by Robbie. He is not usually so generous with my scores!! I make that 456lb.
    I will be attempting it again this week
    as part of the new challenge in the gym.
    I don't think your 102kg snatch or 134kg C&J will be under much threat from any of us! Impressive lifting.
    G.

    ReplyDelete